Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Winter - midwest style


Weather....I know...not exactly an interesting topic. However, I wanted to give you a glimpse into the craziness of our winter. We went from weeks of what the weather broadcasters coined "bitter cold" to 40 degrees and raining. Now they are predicting wind chill of -40 tonight.  Thankfully our building is required by the city of Chicago to provide heat of 68 degrees! During our "bitter cold" spell we would wake up in the morning to a beautiful view...or what would be beautiful, if we could see out our windows!
They would completely frost over! 
I used my blowdryer to thaw the windows, unfortunately it didn't last long.

On a side note, today marks four months of wedded bliss for us! 

2 comments:

Carl said...

I feel your -40°F windchill and remind you that frostbite happens with 30 minutes or less of expose at those conditions. :) GF is very tropical right now...

Anonymous said...

Yeah hello! Feelin a little jealous of the pie. Maybe we should have a four month celebration of you being married as well. Well thanks for the updates love you!