Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hospitality and Hospitals

Hospital room couches have become all too familiar to us in 2008, as this is the second stay in 2 months. This hospital does have internet available to patient's families so my blog is truly coming straight from the source of action. Jason had his appendix removed the first week of the new year, and now his mother has joined him in the ranks if the appendixless.  It does not seem that Barnes and appendixes get along very well and I am slightly concerned about the last name I have adopted:) Kathy's did rupture so the surgery was much more intense. She is doing well now, thanks to Morphine, and we're hoping for a speedy recovery. The doctors are saying 5 days in the hospital so with 1 down that only leaves 4! She has been a tremendously good sport! 
Dave and Kathy have been visiting us for 1 week, and before the rush to the ER we were having a great time. I don't have pictures from all our adventures on the computer yet. However, I do have a few. 

Jason and Dave were able to visit metal machine companies and other businesses that Barnes Welding buys from.

The workers came for dinner one night. We had a lot of fun visiting with them. 

I have never been to a Medieval Times show, so we went for lunch on Friday. Inside the castle there is a huge arena where they do a show with knights, horses and the whole works. They also feed you an awesome meal, but don't give you any silverware so you eat everything with your hands. Messy but fun! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! Glad there not contagious huh!

J and T Barnes said...

We have decided that we both want to keep our appendixes so we are not coming to visit you guys. Just kidding!
We miss you guys! Love, Josh and Trese

Anonymous said...

yeeks!
-sis