Sunday, March 30, 2008

On the Road Again

Employment: noun the state of being employed.
aww.. it sounds so sweet:) I have finally accepted a nursing position! I will be working for an immediate care clinic. It's located right downtown which should be pretty exciting!
Jason had a hard week of studying so when friday rolled around we decided to hit the road and see what is on the outside of this insanely large city.

It was a beautiful day so I had to snap a few pictures as we passed the Sears Tower and headed out towards the suburbs.
One of my favorite parts of the city. Interstate 290 originates under this building, it's like a huge gate into downtown. It used to be the post office but is now mostly vacant.
3 Hours later we found Madison, Wisconsin! Jason had Cave of the Mounds on his list of places to see so we headed out the next morning. They took us on a guided tour through the cave.
This barn is from the original homesteaders who farmed the land before the caves were discovered.
Enjoying the sunshine!

My goofy husband prepared to scare all the bats out of the cave!
I put this one in black and white so you could see detail a little better. I'm not much of a photographer so it is a little blurry.

This was another cave stemming off the one we walked through.
And although we were reluctant, we returned Saturday night to the land of 10.5% sales tax.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Glad you guys had a good weekend. I miss you so much and can't wait to see you in a couple months.

Carl said...

Isn't 'Downtown Chicago' like twice the land area of Mediocre Dams? Congrats on getting the new job...

Wrena said...

What a trek glad you have one another to go with! Thanks for sharing, I haven't been many places. !)

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

Congrats on the new job! Very exciting! We used to go to Cave of the Mounds for field trips! :)

<3 Sierra said...

Congratulations on your new job! That's awesome! Your blog makes me even more excited to see Chicago! We'll be there from the 9th to the 14th.

Anonymous said...

Every thing still standing? Hope all is well!