Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Travels

It has been a few weeks now since I said I would post pictures..so here goes. Jason is in Seattle for an Optometry conference so the house is quiet...too quiet. I'm beginning to feel like an "empty nester." He will be there through Sunday night and I might be a baby but I'm missing him like crazy! He is staying with Bethany and Kate Thornton and Mom and Dad Barnes are going to meet him for the weekend so it is nice that he gets to see family, I wish I was with him!!

Flying over the Mission mountain range on my way to Montana...or Seattle, then Spokane..and eventually Thompson Falls!
Got to spend some quality time with the brothers... this is at one of the two dams in Thompson.
Of course we had to roast some hotdogs! Mandy and their new puppy..
We headed over to Ronan for a day of preps and to spend some time with Beth before convention. Despite the downpour of rain we had quite a good time driving golf carts and tractors, moving woodpiles and tables. Here I am using sheer manpower to carry my precious cargo.
Mom and Beth at preps.
The old roommates reunited...it was soo good to be with them again!


Back at home, Jason took me out to a new Latin restaurant for my birthday! It was an awesome evening. That is my shiny new bike/birthday present in the background..I love it!

Last Saturday we went out for another birthday dinner with some of Jason's classmates...it seems like all we do is eat! Then we watched the fireworks off of Navy Pier which are amazing. The city of Chicago spends an insane amount of money in the summer, shooting off very impressive firework shows every Wednesday and Saturday night. We can see them from our living room, but this was the first time watching them from the park.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you! Come back and see me again. Looks like you are having fun though.

Wrena said...

Thanks for sharing! KNow how it is to miss the hubby! But see your taking turns nicely! :)

Anonymous said...

I have been so anxious to see some pic's from Ronan! Everyone looks very happy!!! I have followed those days with each of you. Doing great here with Jason's grandfolks.
Cheers! Jan