Too much to do and not enough time to do it in. Typical, right? That's how our entire trip through Scotland went. When planning, I knew we wouldn't be able to do it all but I couldn't bare the thought of skipping Skye. It did not disappoint. Spectacular scenery, nail-bitingly narrow roads and crazy unpredictable weather.
We crossed a bridge from Kyle of Lochalsh to get onto the island but decided to ferry from Armadale to Mallaig. It was so fun to take Tyce through the tide pools. It felt a little bit like SE Alaska...other than the nearby castle, of course.
From Mallaig we drove on to Fort William and stayed a night at the base of Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the British Isles. The next day we headed to Stirling, by way of Glencoe and Callander. We followed our rental car's GPS, or 'sat nav', which consistently took us the back roads. It may have taken a little longer to get around, but the views were worth it.
We spent an afternoon on Castle Hill touring Stirling Castle. Unfortunately, mom isn't here while I'm writing this so I can't remember most of the history...something about the Stewarts and multiple Kings named James. Sorry Mom!
Just kidding. I do remember a bit more than that. But mostly, I remember being amazed.
The grounds were beautiful and the view, spectacular. You can almost see the entire span of the lowlands from East coast to West.
From Stirling we headed to Falkirk where we spent a quick night before continuing onto Edinburgh for a 3 night stay. Tyce was so happy to be done with his carseat! Jason had some commitments in Edinburgh, but mom and I were able to catch up on rest and enjoy the room service!
























1 comment:
Love seeing these pics again - such a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing!
-sis
Post a Comment