Monday, February 11, 2008

Chicago Happenings


Since our freezing Illinois weather isn't very conducive to outdoor activities today, I thought I would update everyone on our life the last couple of weeks. Dana G threw an awesome Superbowl party for everyone, and we did enjoy watching the Giants beat the Patriots although we didn't get to see the whole thing. We left for gospel meeting before halftime and thought we could make it back by the end....

However, we got 3 inches of snow and it was coming down hard, so the roads were a little less than desirable. Going 20 or less the whole way it took a good hour to get home.
We pulled into our parking lot right as Eli Manning was making an amazing pass for the victory!
This past Saturday started finals week for Jason, so he has been glued to the books and studying hard! It also was the start to the Chicago Auto Show which claims to be the largest in the nation. So a friend and I went while the hubby stayed home and studied..I did feel sorry for him but had a blast driving..or at least pretending to drive..some pretty amazing cars.  We are going to go again this Saturday so Jason can get a chance to see it all.
An H3....now wouldn't that be nice!
International had a HUMONGOUS truck at the show. Starting at a mere $125,000 it was so tall I could hardly get in. Pulling up to 15 tons with four reclining bucket seats, 1 computer complete with keyboard, navigational system, 3 DVD screens and Bose speaker sets for each seat it was pretty impressive.
Saturday night Jason badly needed a break from studying so we headed out with Jeff and Cassie to try a new restaurant. We had heard of this place where the waiters are actually rude to you so we thought...why not? The food was amazing, but you don't go there expecting service. Soda is free as long as you get it yourself, but if you ask your waiter and he gets it for you it will cost $2.50. They encourage the throwing of napkins and other paper items, self service and sarcasm. 
Our waiter made this lovely hat for me to wear...
And also gave Cassie more than enough straws...after all, he didn't want her to ask twice.
Todd and Ina Prouty left to start their new adventure in Kegums, Latvia today, so Sunday after meeting we had a little going-away party. We will really miss them around here, but look forward to visiting them in Latvia some day!
The girls and I

Wish Jason luck on his finals this week and I'll have more for you soon! We are looking forward to having Dave and Kathy with us next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating! Its great to have illustrations to all the tales of your weekend. Too bad your hat wasn't turned around just so I could see for myself though. Miss you!

Carl said...

Oh my goodness, I went to the same restaurant when I was in Chicago. Amazing quality service there, my drink had no fewer than 100 straws. Did you get hit with any wet napkins? There was a massive napkin war when we were there. Oh and very nice, er um, hat... :)

Glad to hear you are surviving the cold weather.

Wrena said...

YOUR "NEW DREAMY" WHEELS YOU POSED WITH THAT IS MY SONS FAVORITE "VEHICAL" SO AS PER WYATT "SHE'S DOOD" (GOOD) HIS FAVORITE "TRUCK" IS A DEISEL, DODGE WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM? OUR "GREATEST SNOW ON EARTH" IS ABOUT MELTED AS PER TODAY. SNOWSHOEING HAS BEEN MY FAV. THIS WINTER! THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!

Anonymous said...

yo yo what's up? You girls look so flashy! Very pretty...I actually kinda miss styling my hair every day...just to have it windblown straight. Okay, maybe not! ;) When do Dave and Kathy arrive? That will be really fun.
-sis