Sunday, May 18, 2008

Italy in a day

Today after morning meeting we ventured to a new Costco, and were surprised to find that the Leaning Tower of Pisa was on our way! It's in Niles, IL and was built as a replica of the tower in Pisa, Italy. It is about 70 feet shorter and only leans 7 feet versus 15. We thought it was pretty cool none the less. It's amazing the places we've been able to see without leaving the city!



We strapped on our rollerblades and headed out for some exercise the other night. We headed along the marina and found a neat trail through a little nature preserve/bird sanctuary where we were threatened by adult geese protecting their gosling. Sounded very similar to a hissing snake!

5 comments:

Carl said...

WOW! I am amazed, I stopped back by to leave a comment and WALLA Cool new pictures! *GRIN*

Wrena said...

I love the new post too! Have a great conv.!!!

Anonymous said...

Man you are getting so fat I can't even function. Are you serious....let me just say you are a little bit disgusting but I still love you anyway. You better call me tonight because 1 night off is just way too much.

Alison said...

Hi from NW Montana! I enjoy stopping by and seeing what life is like in Chicago once and a while. I found it interesting that we are very similar. I am a forester/loggers daughter and my husband is a farmers son too! I know some of your family but you may not remember me. You can visit us at www.hugsfromus.blogspot.com.

Alison H.

Anonymous said...

Guess what?! I met "farmer's wife" yesterday! haha.. she's great! Anyway.. uh, in your picture the tower looks straight and you and Jason look tipped over. Nice touch with the automatic timer. I don't like geese either. I can't wait until 6 more days!!!!! You will be in Montana!!!! I love you!!!