Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tractors, Babies, and Planes



On the clear beautiful flight to Seattle I snapped some pictures of Thompson Falls, Mt. If you look real close you might be able to see Sue's parents place in the top left edge of the picture.


After landing Monday morning I made a 1.5 hr 3 bus transfer bus ride up to Uncle Bruce's and hung out with him until he was done seeing patients and then headed over with him to tackle some farming. Let me tell you, I'm beginning to think that the Seattle buses are more exciting than those here in Chicago after my trip sitting next to a guy who's "brain was on fire!!" and after saying hi to a guy who informed me that I was the 1st of "50 or 60 people to say hi" to him that day. He thinks that the world is becoming "antisocial."



On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning I spent some much needed mental relaxation time on the family's newly acquired CAT Challenger tractor plowing and chiseling the fields. 

The weather started to move in on Wednesday, but it lead to some great pictures.




Getting to see Justin & Pam Grillo's new daughter Dakota was one of the highlights of the trip. Being in the eye-care filed, we just had to present Dakota with her 1st pair of sunglasses! I don't think she appreciates them just yet as she just kept her eyes closed behind them the whole time. Wow! Do they change her appearance.


After Convention in Olympia I headed back to Waterville for a day of flying and birthdays. We celebrated Trese's, Josh's, and Joel's birthdays over the course of the week, but I failed to get any good pictures of the flying or the birthday parties. I do have an older picture of me with the Piper Supercub though.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jason! Looks like you did a great job on your first post. Glad you made it safely back to Chicago.