Jason and I both had three day weekends over Easter, so we headed 9 hours south to Eastern Tennessee. We found beautiful scenery, warm weather, and wonderful fellowship as well as a few possible places to park our trailer. We're excited to be semi-permanent residents of Johnson City, TN next spring.
There were signs for miles warning about the Cumberland Gap Tunnel




Plotting our campground tour

Uncle Doug and Auntie Sue

I loved the color of the trees along the road!

It was dark when we drove through Kentucky on the way down, so we had to stop for the sign on our trip home

We also had the priviledge of a visit from Cody! Somehow Jason managed to convince him that our floor would be a much more comfortable place to spend the night than the concrete of I 90.

Well it is definitely time to begin our countdown! 11 days and we're off on a 3,732 mile adventure....Budget truck and all. The days seems to be getting shorter and busier! Several times I've pondered throwing everything straight into the back of the truck...who needs boxes and organization anyway??
2 comments:
Can I ride on the ice chest in the middle of the Budget Truck. I miss you tons! Good luck with the packing. Just one week left!
Wow--you've got a lot of miles ahead of you. It was beautiful in Juneau, but now it's raining again. We'll be waiting for your arrival! That's awesome you got some time with the Burtons. (And yes, just throw it all in. You'll have plenty of time to organize when you get here.) ;)
Post a Comment