...and a little closer to Alaska! We're in Chetwynd, BC and once again have wireless. The campgrounds are getting nicer and nicer! Tomorrow we officially hit the Alaska Highway. We had a gorgeous drive through the foothills of the Canadian rockies today. It was a lot of uphill driving but the truck pulled our trailer like a champ.
The first couple of pictures I posted are from yesterday:
Leaving Waterville

Crossing the border at Oroville, WA/Osoyoos, BC


Today we hit snow at Prince George. The locals insist this is colder than normal. Temperatures were in the low 30s all day!

Neither my camera nor my amateur photography skills could do these mountains justice. This is Pine Pass "...the highest point on the John Hart Highway, and the lowest pass breaching the Rocky Mountains in Canada." - according to the MILEPOST.

This would be the closest I have ever been to what I believe is a grizzly/brown bear. (please correct me if I'm wrong) I was thankful to be in the truck and was nervous to even roll down my window. I'm afraid the city has turned us into wilderness wimps....

...arriving at our destination for the night. Chetwynd, BC the "Chain Saw Sculpture Capital of the World" ...and yes I got that from the MILEPOST as well...

2 comments:
So fun to follow along on your journey North. All the best to you!
While I am no bear expert (but I did pass my bear identification exam) I will have to say it is truly a Grizzly Bear. I bet if you were to have run your fingers through the hair on his back you would have felt the hump.
Post a Comment