Thursday, August 27, 2009

Last days in Juneau


I have finally gotten our last Juneau photos organized and thought I would share a few. As you know, Beth and Mom came up to visit and drive back down the Alaskan highway with us. We loved having them along!

We bought live crab from a shop down by the docks, and Beth and I took it upon ourselves to kill and clean them....interesting...
It was a delicious dinner!

We spent a day touring downtown... admiring the huge cruise ships in port.




We ran into some friends from MT who were in town on a cruise and gave them a little driving/hiking tour.

We also went down to the harbor to check out the fishing boats.
On our last morning in town we met Corrine for breakfast at an adorable bakery


...and then did a little hiking

One of Beth's awesome fireweed pictures....

The salmon runs are high in the rivers so it is a great time to see Bears. Over a 30 minute span we saw about 6 Brown and Black bears fishing... a little close for my comfort.





4 comments:

Kari D. said...

That's awesome Bethany could come up! Looks like you had fun. I'm going to miss having you up here...and I know the friends will too. On to your next adventure!

Jewls said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Missing you tons! ...I really hope those bear pictures were zoomed in. I don't want my precious Susie-Q gettting eaten.

Unknown said...

Whoa! Those bears are crazy! Congratulations on being an Uncle and Auntie!

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

Ok, so that last comment was really from me signed in on Mike's account....sorry!