Thursday, June 18, 2009

Haines

Our internet service is very unpredictable so I'm trying to get this typed up as quickly as possible. We are leaving tomorrow evening for our trip to Prince of Wales Island. We will arrive in Ketchikan on Sunday morning, as our ferry is making ALL the stops along the way...Sitka, Kake, Petersburg, Wrangell. From Ketchikan we will take a float plane out to the island.


On the ferry ride to Haines, I saw two Humpback whales breaching (jumping completely out of the water) but failed to grab my camera in time. So if you look closely in the next two photos you can see the whale coming partially out of the water.


There was a nice little bench down by the harbor where I spent a fair amount of time reading. I enjoyed listening to the local fisherman gripe about salmon prices, road construction, the economy...you name it

Jason's favorite spot for lunch; The Top Frog
We had a balcony off our hotel room with an awesome view of Lynn Canal

No comments: